Wednesday, January 20, 2010

That Covey Guy May Have Been on to Something

I read Stephen Covey's 7 Habits book a while ago, and while it all made sense, I never seemed to put first things first. Finally, this year I decided that even though I am not a morning person, I will get up an hour earlier each morning and work on my book every day. And... it's actually working. Who knew? I'm seeing progress!
I can't go straight to it in my 'dream state' because I'm in a fog without a cup of latte, but I set up my little latte machine each night and my steaming, frothy mug is ready in a few minutes in the morning. I fire up my laptop and ka-bam, I'm in the zone.
Turns out that first things first stuff works!
I'd try the other habits Covey recommends, but I don't want to push my luck.
As for my laugh more resolution, we just re-watched Mr. & Mrs. Smith for the bazillionth time. We're starting to notice small details, like that the 'hostage' is wearing a Fight Club t-shirt. Funny.


No comments: