Tuesday, December 02, 2008
Everything will be ok
I wish I were a better writer. If I were then I could explain the churning mix of emotions I've been experiencing over the past weeks. Unfortunately, I can't. Plus, it wouldn't be right to focus on pain and sorrow when I should be remembering the times we laughed and enjoyed life:
- the time she dug up a huge flower bed, and helped me shop for and plant perennials in the front yard.
- the time she told me, "You know you don't have to do everything he says" (meaning E)
- the time she found a pair of my lacy undies somewhere in the house and looped them over the stair post
- the time we cracked into the liquor cabinet to pull out the fancy liquors after a nice dinner together. We all had way more that we intended because we had to keep sampling them all.
- "pas de panache" (you had to be there)
- a Floridian Christmas 2007-- "your parents are NOT at Hooters" (they were)
While I selfishly wish I could have enjoyed more time with her, I'm happy we did open up those fancy liquors and take that trip down south last winter.
Right now I'm still in the pain, sorrow and grief phase, but I will pull it together - out of respect for her strength and ability to always see the bright side (even if it was to admire a sunset from a hospital room window) and in order to be a buoy, not an anchor for E.
E's mom passed away last Wednesday, Nov 26, and the funeral was yesterday. He's doing as well as can be expected, but it's tough. She was an incredible person who lived a full life.
She will be missed.