Friday, January 08, 2010

Laugh more and eat more ice cream

Those are E’s resolutions, not mine. He was trying to get me to relax about goal setting and strategizing for the new year. I officially agreed to keep “laugh more” as my resolution, but I am a goal-oriented person, and I need specific long-term objectives in front of me or else I feel lost.

1- Finish my current YA work-in progress from NaNoWriMo. So far so good. I’m on a new schedule where I spend the 1st hour of my day working on this project and I’m sticking to it.

2- Revise my women’s fiction manuscript. When I’m ready for a break from the above project I’ll jump back on this one.

3 - Train for and enjoy a physically challenging but rewarding active vacation this summer. We’re looking at visiting the Columbia ice fields in August.

The above three goals should govern where my time and money are spent throughout the year. When deciding whether or not to do or buy something, I’ll come back to this list.

In the mean time, for laughs I am watching the Big Bang Theory.

No comments: