Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Technical Difficulties

The BIGGEST Word doc that I've been working on is now un-openable. I don't know why. I have several copies, backup versions, versions sent as e-mail attachments,etc. etc. The only one I can still open is so old it will require re-doing A LOT of work. damn damn damn. I guess that's how the writing projects crumble. It's part of a freelance job, not my book. grrr.

I should have posted earlier because I WAS doing much better - head clear, getting stuff done. grrr.

mood: cranky
listening to: myself complain

2 comments:

Dorothy said...

Try opening it with another word processor. This often works believe it or not. The original Ami Pro was the best for this. I don't even know if there is a current one. I'd try wordperfect and openoffice. If you don't own either of them, download openoffice from openoffice.org. It was origianlly unix based and is super. You can also e-mail me the document and I'll try to get it to open with WP if you don't own it.

Karen said...

yahoo! You fixed it!! You need to open up a Gran Dorse Geek Squad business : )