Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Easily Distracted

My peaceful, quiet home office that I have been SOOO looking forward to using this week has been completely disrupted by project new driveway across the street. The amount of trucks, crew, and construction equipment is almost equal to the water pipe project on the nearby road.

For whatever reason, I am completely fascinated by the process. I keep watching as each piece of equipment or truck does its part. E wants me to go over there with lemonade to try to get them to dump dirt in our driveway. I am too intimidated by the whole operation to even consider it.

Must try to focus... must finish work and send out some invoices... oh yeah, then there's that novel sitting in a binder gathering dust....

4 comments:

Dorothy said...

You should call on your neighbor across the way. If they don't have any use for the dirt, they should be happy to have the guys dump it in your driveway. Otherwise they have to pay to have it hauled away. You won't know until you ask.

Karen said...

I got the dirt! But he wouldn't let me use the loader.

Anonymous said...

I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work. thnx!
»