Monday, May 22, 2006

No, I have not abandoned the book writing 'thing'

However, I am broke and I do need to earn some money doing freelance corporate writing right now. I have work lined up solidly through the end of August, and I'm incredibly, ridiculously busy from now until June 30 with a big contract. Freelancing is supposed to be feast or famine so right now I'm feasting. I blocked off most of September for vacation - 1 week with E and 2 weeks to drive to OH and then IL for the Midwest Lit Fest.

My original plan was to take a year off to write a book and I did that. The book isn't quite ready to be sent out but it is in good enough condition that I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Did I plan on the whole E/move back to Mtl thing? No. Do I feel incredibly lucky about the whole E situation? Yes : ) Once I figure out how to balance freelance feast/famine with bookwriting progress I will be 100% on track career-wise. As for personal-life wise, I'm happy, sooo happy : ) : )

The only (BIG) downside is living so far from the Strattons again. That's why I'm blocking time off for long visits. Lack of family-visit vacation time was one of my major complaints when I was a 9-5'er, so if I don't solve that problem when I'm my own boss, then I'm really not ahead of the game, am I?

It's a holiday in Canada: Victoria Day, but my boss says I have so much work to get done between now and June 30 that I better do some of it today. There will be nicer days to take off later.

: )

No comments: