Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Status Report

I'm now counting pages instead of words. My target is 360 pages. I have 120 pages. If I can produce 6 pages per day, 5 days a week, from now until Christmas, I will make it.
Here's the snag. I can't just crank out 6 crap pages. I need to be able to see that the timeline works, character names and relationships make sense, and that I'm sticking to my main plot and subplots. I can't just 'woo-hoo' let the story spiral off on tangents. I'm going to try to relax a bit with this and not revise too much as I go along, but so far I've felt it necessary to keep stopping and making course corrections.

On the freelance front, I'm getting better at figuring out which companies to call. Today 2 out of 6 actually use freelancers and said to send my stuff in. Much better than the 1 out of 15 from last week.

On the sugar front: I have not eaten any Halloween candy today. All the leftovers have been removed from the premises. The kids have their own loot, but I am not a thief.

1 comment:

Dodi said...

Wow, sounds like a lot of work. I'm sure you can do it.

I think this is the first Halloween ever that I've not eaten a single piece of candy. Now I just have to get through the next few weeks as people bring their left over candy to the office. It was harder to resist the cookies my sister made for the kids than the billion tiny candies.

I am a thief of candy, just ask my sister.