Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Seizing, spam, and snowblowers

That's what's on my mind. Ok - seizing is a stretch. It's supposed to mean 'seize the day' as in today is mine, all mine - no outside work. I have a clean office, a tidy desk and nothing between me and my book except the usual panic attacks.

Spam - I found out yesterday that I had to PURCHASE advanced anti-spam flitering for my karen@karensmock.com e-mail or else it blocks non-spam, like e-mail from authors I write to. grrrr. Take a peek at my link to Valerie Frankel's site to see what I mean. Now I've made a what a moron impression.

Snowblowers - It keeps snowing here. What is this, Canada? I've been living in apartments for the last 15 years, so I forgot about shoveling the driveway. I figured, how hard can it be? answer: hard. Snow is heavy, and pitching it over high banks involves a lot of back twisting. I had to break down and admit that I'm going to have to use the freaking snowblower, but I don't like it. It's noisy and a little uncontrollable. I always feel like it's going to pitch me into the street, and for some reason, images of the wood chipper scene from Fargo are never far from my mind. I need to get over it though because the shoveling is going to kill me.

So far, so good. On to the book. Where was I?

No comments: